Receiving Mail in Mail Client but Unable to Send
This article provides support for users of an email client (such as Outlook) or mobile device whose incoming mail is working but outgoing mail is not.
In order to send mail through our servers, your email client or mobile device needs to authenticate on our new servers.
Check the following server settings in your mail client or mobile device:
- Username is entered as full email address: should be email@example.com, not just localdog
- Make sure outgoing settings are set to authenticate
The steps below are using Microsoft Outlook 2010 to verify Authentication is set up.
- Click File, then account settings, and Account Settings again in the dropdown menu.
- Select the email address to highlight it in blue as pictured below and click "Change" at the top.
- On the "Change Account" screen, click on "More Settings".
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Make sure that
- the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" box is checked
- the "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" option is selected
- Click Next, and then Finish to save all settings.
- Click Close and you are finished.
If you need additional assistance, please call Technical Support at 541-382-5551.