I am unable change channels
This article provides troubleshooting steps in the event that you cannot change channels using your BendBroadband remote control.
"I cannot change channels by manually entering a two-digit channel number, but three-digit channel numbers seem to work fine."
Since your digital box allows you to access channels numbered over 100, it must be set to recognize one or two-digit channel number entries. To activate this setting:
- Go to the "Guide main menu."
The main menu can be accessed by:
- Pressing the MENU button twice on your BendBroadband remote control.
- Press the MENU button on your BendBroadband remote control, using the arrow buttons toggle to the "TV Guide main menu" icon (house icon on the far left) and press OK|SEL button.
- Toggle through the menu by using the down arrow button until you reach the box labeled "Setup" then press the OK|SEL button.
- Highlight the box labeled "Guide Setup" then press "OK|SEL."
- Toggle down to the 3rd option that reads "No Auto Tune" then press the left arrow button on your remote. The option in the box should change to read "Auto-Tune."
- Press EXIT on your remote and try tuning to a single digit number (e.g. channel 5).
"When I press any number button on my remote, the numbers do not appear on the screen."
If you press a button, and the set-top box does not appear to have taken the command, this can usually be fixed with the following steps:
- Check the batteries in your remote control. If you do not see at least 1 button lighting up on the remote upon pressing the button, then the batteries may be depleted. Change the batteries in your remote control and retest.
- Power down your set-top box using the "CBL" button on the remote and then power it back up. If none of the buttons are responding, you may need to power cycle the set-top box by pulling the power cord from the back of the box and then plugging it back in.