Pairing your Alpha Advanced Remote
This article provides general steps for pairing your Alpha Advanced Remote. Please note the Advanced Alpha Remote is no longer available to purchase.
Pairing Your Remote
If you have a an Alpha media player with a blue display, you’ll need to use the included RF adapter with your remote. The remote control and RF adapter must be paired to communicate. Follow these instructions to pair your remote with the RF adapter. If you have an Alpha media player with a white display, skip to step 3.
- If your Alpha Media Player has a blue display, insert the RF adapter into an open USB port. If your Alpha Media Player has a white display, skip to Step 3.
- Press the PAIR button on the RF adapter.
- Press and hold SETUP and NAVIGATE UP buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- The POWER key on the remote will blink rapidly while the remote is in RF pairing mode.
- If pairing is successful, the POWER key on the remote will blink twice.
- If pairing is not successful, repeat steps 2-5.
Clear Pairing Information
You may need to clear pairing information if you wish to create a new remote/RF adapter pairing. Here’s how to clear pairing information on the RF adapter and remote.
- With the RF Adapter plugged into a USB port and powered on, press and hold the PAIR button for 5 seconds until the LED blinks 4 times.
- Press and hold SETUP and NAV DOWN on the remote control simultaneously until the POWER button blinks four times to confirm pairing information has been cleared.