Install your Arris DG860/TG862 Gateway
This article provides instructions on how to install your Home Wi-Fi Gateway.
Figure 1: Back of Arris DG860/TG862
Follow these steps:
- Connect the gateway. Use the coaxial cable provided by BendBroadband to connect the cable port (D) to your cable outlet.
- Connect your computer to the cable modem gateway with an Ethernet cable (C), or via a wireless device using the default settings located on the back of your wireless gateway.
- Attach the power adapter cable to the gateway (E) and plug it into an electrical outlet. After the gateway and power is connected, the gateway will automatically attempt to do the following:
- Connect to the BendBroadband cable network and download the latest configuration files. This can take up to 15 minutes to complete.
- Obtain an IP address for the gateway. Then the gateway assigns an IP address for the connected PC.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Wait for the LED lights to stop blinking (as noted above this could take up to 15 minutes when the Gateway is first powered on). Then verify the following:
- The Power LED is solid green.
- The Downstream and Upstream LEDs are lit.
- The Online LED is solid green, indicating a link has been established to the Internet.
- The LAN LED is lit that corresponds to the local Ethernet port where you connected your computer.