Help and Support / TV
Video on Demand Errors
This article provides troubleshooting steps for common Video on Demand (VOD) error codes.
When accessing VOD or trying to play VOD content one of the following error messages displays:\
- 301 – Purchase Error Occurred – Please call support
- 407 – First Time Error
- 408 – First Time Error; or – A Purchase Error Occurred – Please call support
- 417 – First Time Error; or – A Purchase Error Occurred – Please call support
- 465 – First Time Error
- “One Moment Please” Displays on the screen after selecting content to watch
A powercycle of your digital set-top box will fix most VOD issues. Follow these steps to perform a powercycle:
- Disconnect the power to the set-top box by either unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet or from the back of the cable box. Turning off the power will NOT reset the set-top box.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to the set-top box by either plugging the power cord back into the wall outlet or into the back of the set-top box.
- Wait 5 minutes for the set-top box to power on and finish its reset.
- Wait another five minutes once picture returns to access VOD as it takes longer to reset.
Please note: The program guide data will be missing for 30 minutes after resetting the set-top box.
- Tighten any loose coaxial (threaded) cables to your set-top box.
- Follow the cable from your set-top box to the wall outlet to ensure the cable has not been frayed, chewed, chipped, cut, or pulled loose from the connector plugs.
- Tighten any loose coaxial (threaded) cables to the wall outlet.
The “Purchase Error Occurred” message can be billing related. If your total account balance is over $400 then your account will be unable to purchase VOD. Follow these steps to check your balance and make a payment if needed:
- Check the balance and due date on your last BendBroadband statement. You can view the balance due as well as your due date online by going to Online Bill Pay.
- If you suspect your payment is past due, visit Ways to Pay and make a payment.