Help and Support / TV
I'm getting a "One moment please..." message on my television
When you turn on your TV, you see a blue screen with a message saying "One Moment Please, this channel should be available shortly."
This message will appear on the television in the event that you lose the signal coming from BendBroadband and going into your set-top box. Because there are many possible causes that could create this issue, it is best to narrow down how many TVs this message is appearing on.
|Message appears on All TVs||Message appears on a single TV|
If you are seeing the message "One Moment Please, this channel should be available shortly" on all TVs in your house, check all of the following:
Make sure your bill payment is not overdue:
- Check the balance and due date on your last BendBroadband statement. You can view the balance due as well as your due date online by going to Online Bill Pay.
- If you suspect your payment is past due, visit Ways to Pay and make a payment.
Note: If you mail your payment or put it in the drop box outside of BendBroadband’s office, it can take X-X days to process your payment and services will not be restored until the payment has posted.
Make sure your house amplifier is plugged into power.
If you have a house amplifier or if you remember a technician explaining that you have a piece of equipment that will help to boost your cable signal, please check to ensure the power supply is currently plugged in to power. Click Here for image of a House Amplifier Power Supply.
Note:Not all customers have a house amplifier installed so this may not apply to you.
If you are seeing "One Moment Please, this channel should be available shortly" message on only one TV in your house and you have other TVs that are currently working, please try the following:
Reset your set-top box.
- Disconnect the power to the set-top box by either unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet or from the back of the cable box. Turning off the power will NOT reset the set-top box.
- Wait 15 to 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to the set-top box by either plugging the power cord back into the wall outlet or into the back of the set-top box.
- Wait two to four minutes for the set-top box to reset.
Please note: The program guide data may be missing for 20 to 30 minutes after resetting the set-top box.
Check video connections:
- Tighten any loose coaxial (threaded) cables to your set-top box or TV.
- Follow the cable from your set-top box to the wall outlet to ensure the cable has not been frayed, chewed, chipped, cut, or pulled loose from the connector plugs.
Check for a splitter:
Attempt to tighten all connections going into the splitter. Does tightening the connections resolve the issue?
Have you moved your set-top box? If you have recently moved your set-top box to a new room or outlet and this message appears, the outlet may not be active. Your BendBroadband set-top box will display a "One Moment Please, this channel should be available shortly" message if the outlet is not active. To activate a new outlet, give Customer Service a call at 541-382-5551 so we can schedule someone to assist you with activating the new outlet.
Check all connections
Check to make sure that the coaxial cable coming from the wall is connected to the correct input on the box (i.e. the port marked "cable in" or "RF in.")