Help and Support / Internet
Basic Steps to perform if you are experiencing slow Internet Speeds
This article will provide basic steps to help resolve issues with slow Internet speeds.
If you have been experiencing slow speeds when trying to access the Internet, please consider trying the following troubleshooting steps.
- Determine whether or not you are connecting to the Internet wirelessly or wired directly into a modem or router. It is expected with some wireless connections that you will see slight speed degradation.
- If you are connecting wirelessly, reset your wireless router by unplugging the power cord from the back of the router for roughly 30 seconds and plugging it back in.
- Check the coaxial cable on the back of your BendBroadband modem and make sure that it securely connected and not damaged in any way. If you’re not sure which device is your modem Click here.
- It may be a good idea to run a Speed Test in order to see what type of speeds you are getting. Based on the package that you subscribe to you should be getting speeds as outlined in the following Internet Packages.
- Keep in mind that anything you do online will affect your speed in some way. i.e. Video streaming, file sharing, etc. will slow down other tasks you are trying to perform online.
- Try other web pages or services to determine whether or not it may be localized to one webpage or particular program. If one page loads slower but others are loading just fine, this may indicate that the site is currently experiencing heavy traffic.
- If you have home network or wireless devices, try plugging your Ethernet cable directly into your cable modem from your PC, this will help to eliminate several possible causes of slow speeds.