Help and Support / Internet
Power cycling your modem or resetting your phone modem (MTA)
This article provides steps to power cycle your cable modem or reset your phone modem (MTA)
To reset your cable modem:
To reset your cable modem, press and hold the reset button, located on the front or back of your modem, for five seconds. If your modem does not have a reset button, you will need to power cycle your modem.
To power cycle your modem:
- Shut down your computer.
- Unplug the cable modem from the electrical outlet.
- Leave the cable modem unplugged for at least 10 seconds.
- Plug the cable modem back into the electrical outlet and allow about 30 seconds to initialize before restarting your computer.
- Turn your computer back on.
To reset your phone modem (MTA):
- The phone modem (also referred to as an MTA) can be reset by using the reset button located on the back of the unit. Using a pen, or other pointed, non-metallic object, depress the reset button until you see the lights go off on the front of the unit.
- Release the reset button and wait for the unit to cycle up (this may take up to five minutes to reset).
*Please note: It is important that you do not unplug the MTA modem.
Also, never remove the battery from your modem for troubleshooting purposes. Removing the battery leaves you without dial tone in the event of a loss of power.
If your BendBroadband phone service connection is not restored, please review the no dial tone troubleshooting tips, or contact us for additional assistance.