Help and Support / Data
Bendbroadband Password Requirements
This article contains security requirements to create passwords for logging in to BendBroadband email and Online Bill Pay. Use the following recommendations to further strengthen passwords against unauthorized usage.
Security Requirements for Creating a Bendbroadband Password
Passwords used to log in to Bendbroadband email or account services must meet all of the following requirements.
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must include a number
- Must include a capital letter
- Must include a lower case letter
How to Strengthen your Passwords
Hackers can have a difficult time breaking or stealing a password that...
- Is between 15 and 24 characters long
- At least one symbol or special character: !@#$%^*()
- Case-sensitive lettering, such as SaMpLe4 rather than sample4
- Does not contain:
- Alphabetic series either forwards or backwards, such as ABCDEF or FEDCBA
- Numeric series, either forwards or backwards, such as 123456 or 654321
- A string of all identical letters or numbers, such as AAAAAA or 111111
- A common keyboard shortcut , such as ASDFG or QWERTY
- A spouse's name or birthday
- Is in the form of an easy to remember pass phrase. A pass phrase is a sentence that only the account holder can remember.
Example: Use an expression like "today is a beautiful day to fish" Use the first letter of each word of the sentence in the password. In this example, the password would contain tiabdtf, then add a numeral, special character, and capitalization to get 2diaBDtF!.