Help and Support / Video
Turn Closed Captioning (CC) on and off
This article provides instructions on how to turn Closed Captioning (CC) on and off.
Note: All of our cable boxes provide Closed Captioning services with the exception of our standard definition cable boxes.
Select the set-top that you currently have in your home for more Closed Captioning instructions.
Standard set-top Box
MOXI set-top box
All other digital set-top boxes
If you are seeing Closed Captioning on your TV with one of our standard definition cable boxes, you will need to refer to your TV user's manual on how to disable this service.
TIP: Most remote controls that come with your TV have either a CC or Closed Captioning button to enable/disable this service.
- Press the MOXI button on your BendBroadband MOXI remote control.
- Using the right arrow, move the menu to the right until Settings is in center focus.
- Using the down arrow, move down until you see Closed Caption and press the OK button
- Set the Captioning On/Off to "On" using the down arrow and ok buttons.
- Press the CBL button to turn your cable box off.*
- Locate the menu button on your remote and press it once. This will take you to a grey background screen with black text named USER SETTINGS.
- Press the down arrow (↓) on your remote until the pointer (>) on the left side of the screen is beside CLOSED CAPTION.
- Using the right or left arrow button on your remote to change the option to DISABLED or ENABLED.
- Press the menu button on your remote to exit the USER SETTINGS menu.
- Press the CBL button on your remote to turn your cable box back on.
*If your CBL button doesn't power off the set-top box, look for a CBL and MASTER POWER button. Press the CBL then MASTER POWER button to turn your cable box off.