Help and Support / Voice
Using Three-Way Calling
This article describes how to add a third person to the line when you are on a call.
What is Three-Way Calling?
Three-way calling allows you to add a third person to the line when you are on a call.
Adding a Third Person to the Call
- Place a call to the first party.
- Once that person is on the line, press the switch hook/ flash or talk button. The first party is then placed on hold and you will receive a dial tone.
- Dial the second number. If the second party answers, you can speak privately to them, or press the switch hook once to create a 3-way connection.
- To disconnect the second party, press the switch hook once (the first party will stay on the line). To disconnect all parties, hang up the phone.
Result: You can now talk with both people at the same time.
Note: The switch hook is the button the handset pushes down when you hang up the phone. Some telephones have a flash or talk key you can press instead.
Canceling a Three-Way Connection
- If the second party does not answer, press the switch hook/ flash or talk button twice to return to the first party.
- If one person hangs up, you can continue talking with the remaining person.