Help and Support / Voice
Basic Steps if you have no Dial Tone
This article provides the basic steps to assist you when your BendBroadband phone service has no dial tone.
If you have no dial tone or are experiencing a service outage, please consider trying the following:
- Make sure that all of your phones are on the hook and that cordless phone batteries are charged.
- If you have a cordless phone system with multiple handsets, cycle the power on the main base unit, typically one that would have the answering machine attached.
- Try to plug a working corded phone into different jacks to find out if the issue is isolated to one phone or one phone jack.
- Plug the phone directly into your Cable Modem or MTA (Multimedia Terminal Adapter) to determine if the issue may be related to the wiring inside your home.
- If you have two phone numbers associated with BendBroadband phone service, and only one is working, please contact us or Live Chat.
- Check the lights on your Cable Modem or MTA. Depending on the sequence of lights that are being displayed, you may need to reset your MTA.
Please feel free to Live Chat if none of the above steps help to restore your dial tone.