Help and Support / Video
Remote Control failures
This article provides troubleshooting steps for common remote control failures.
Follow the steps listed below for the related issue.
- Verify that the batteries are working by pressing the power button to see if the red light at the top of the remote turns ON.
- If the red light does not turn on, replace the batteries.
- Point the remote control directly at the BendBroadband set-top box when changing channels.
- Make sure you properly programmed the remote control.
DEVICE button on the remote control
Some BendBroadband remotes have a [DEVICE] button. This button has a light that indicates or changes which device the remote control is currently controlling.
- To determine which device the remote is currently controlling.
- Push the [DEVICE] button.
- The current device button will light up.
- To change the device which is being controlled.
- Push [DEVICE] and then the button for the device you would like to use (example: CBL, TV, VCR).